C2 HDBlend Densifier- 20 Litre
C2 HDBlend Densifier- 20 Litre
- Concentrated lithium silicate blend hardener & densifier for concrete.
- Specifically designed for steel trowelled, power trowelled or burnished concrete finishes.
- Provides better abrasion resistance than conventional hardeners and can be burnished for a quick sheen.
C2 Hard Blend is a concentrated blend of silicates designed specifically for steel-troweled or burnished concrete floors. This penetrating, economical treatment reacts with the concrete to quickly create a harder, denser surface. C2 Hard Blend is safer and easier to apply than conventional sodium silicate hardeners.
• Easy, one-step application. No scrubbing. No flushing. No caustic wastewater.
• Specifically designed for steel- troweled, power troweled or burnished concrete finishes.
• Supplied as a concentrate for economical shipping. C2 Hard Blend must be diluted 1:1 with clean water prior to use.
• Penetrates and reacts quickly to produce better initial and ultimate hardness.
• Provides better abrasion resistance than conventional hardeners.
• Can be burnished for a quick sheen.
• Breathable and UV -stable. Will not yellow, discolor, peel or flake.
• VOC- Compliant. Non-flammable. Non-toxic. Low -odor.
• Cures quickly. Floors can be opened to traffic once dry.
• Treated surfaces are easier to maintain.
• May enhance or darken certain substrates.
• Will not prevent water penetration through structural cracks, defects or open joints.
Protect people, vehicles, property, plants and all surfaces not designated to receive C2 Hard Blend from the product, splash and wind drift. Use polyethylene or other proven protective material.
Do not apply to surfaces which are frozen, dirty or have standing water. Surfaces must be clean, dry and absorbent.
Confirm surface absorbency with a light water spray – surfaces designated for treatment should wet uniformly. If the surface does not wet uniformly, use the appropriate Crete Colors surface preparation cleaner or mechanical process to remove remaining surface contaminants.
C2 Hard Blend is ideal for application to existing, cured concrete of any age. Surfaces must be clean and structurally sound. Remove all foreign materials including bond breakers, curing agents, surface grease and oil, and construction debris using the appropriate Crete Colors cleaners.
Follow the appropriate cleaner with thorough water rinsing. Acid stained concrete must be thoroughly neutralized and rinsed prior to application.
Application may begin as soon as prepared surfaces are dry
Surface & Air Temperatures
Temperatures for application should be at least 4°C – 38°C (40°F – 100°F).
Apply with low-pressure sprayer or microfiber pad. Fit sprayers “fan” spray tip.
Storage & Handling
Store in a cool, dry place. Always seal container after dispensing. Do not alter or mix with other chemicals. Published shelf life assumes upright storage of factory-sealed containers in a dry place. Maintain temperatures of 4–38°C (40–100°F). Keep from freezing. Do not double stack pallets. Dispose of in accordance with local regulations.
Packaging 20L or 200L Containers
Read “Preparation” and the Safety Data Sheet before use.
ALWAYS TEST a small area of each surface to confirm suitability, coverage rate and desired results before beginning overall application. Test with the same equipment, recommended surface preparation and application procedures planned for general application. Let surface dry thoroughly before inspection.
Dilution & Mixing
Must be diluted 1:1 with clean water. Stir or mix well before use.
Typical Coverage Rates
Variations in concrete quality, porosity, job site conditions, temperature and relative humidity will affect coverage rates and drying times. Calculate the target coverage rate by testing a representative section of the prepared surface using the published application instructions.
Estimated Coverage Rates
The following coverage rates are offered for estimating only.
See below for instructions on calculating project-specific target coverage rates.
• 10 – 20 m2 /L
• 400–800 ft2 / US gal
Steel-Troweled / Burnished Concrete
1. Clean concrete of any dirt or residue.
2. Using a low pressure sprayer, apply a single saturating coat of C2 Hard Blend. Apply sufficient material to wet the surface without producing puddles. Use a microfiber pad to spread product evenly and ensure uniform wetting. To avoid overlap marks and streaks, always maintain a wet edge when applying and avoid spreading once drying begins.
3. Scrubbing is not necessary. Surface should remain wet for 10–15 minutes. Adjust rate of application accordingly. Allow treated surfaces to dry at least one hour.
4. Once dry, burnish with a high speed machine and diamond impregnated pad (800 grit) to remove residue and enhance the surface. For increased hardening, apply a second application of C2 Hard Blend and then burnish with a 1500 grit diamond impregnated pad once dry.
Ground, Honed or Polished Concrete
1. Sand, level or grind the concrete surface with a floor sander, orbital floor machine or diamond grinding as needed to achieve desired exposure. Grind floor to 200 grit resin bond diamonds.
2. Remove all dust and debris using a floor scrubbing machine and fresh water. Allow surfaces to dry.
3. Using a low pressure sprayer, apply a single saturating coat of C2 Hard Blend. Apply sufficient material to wet the surface without producing puddles. Use a clean microfiber pad to spread product evenly and ensure uniform wetting. To avoid overlap marks and streaks, always maintain a wet edge when applying and avoid spreading once drying begins.
4. Scrubbing is not necessary. Surface should remain wet for 10–15 minutes. Adjust application rate accordingly. Allow treated surfaces to dry at least one hour. Grind with 400 grit resins.
For increased hardening, apply a second light application of C2 Hard Blend. Allow to dry and continue polishing to desired level. Protective Treatment To achieve additional shine and protection, apply C2 Seal or C2 Ultra Seal.
For improved resistance to water or oily stains with no change to surface appearance, apply C2 Stain Safe or C2 Protector according to label instructions.
Contact us directly for assistance with proper product recommendation. Always obtain the Product Data for full limitations, application and safety instructions before applying any Crete Colors product.
Before product dries, clean tools and equipment with fresh water. Immediately wash off over spray from glass, aluminum, polished or other surfaces with fresh water.
The floor is ready to use when dry. Surfaces exhibit reduced water absorption upon drying and maximum water resistance will develop over 7 days. Surface hardness and sheen often increase over time and with proper maintenance.
Surfaces to be treated must be clean, dry and absorbent. Confirm surface absorbency with a light water spray.
If surfaces designated for treatment do not wet uniformly, use the appropriate C2 surface prep cleaner or mechanical process to remove remaining surface contaminants. Spray applicators equipped with a fan spray tip have proven effective for application of this product.
If the desired surface finish requires mechanical removal of the top layer of cement paste, best results are achieved by sanding or grinding the cured concrete surface to achieve a 50–200 grit finish before applying C2 Hard Blend.
The increased surface density which C2 Hard Blend provides will make further sanding, grinding or diamond polishing proceed faster. Apply sufficient product so the surface remains wet for 10–15 minutes.
To avoid overlap marks and streaks, always maintain a wet edge when applying and avoid spreading once drying begins. C2 Hard Blend is suitable for use with wet or dry grinding and polishing procedures.
Wastewater generated by wet grinding or polishing procedures should be collected and disposed of properly. Use C2 Clean as part of a comprehensive maintenance program that includes deep cleaning with C2 Maintenance.
C2 HDBlend Densifier- 20 Litre
|Dimensions||45 x 45 x 45 cm|