C2 Super Hard 20L
C2 Super Hard 20 Liters – Crete Colors
- A premium sealer, hardener and densifier for concrete with the maximum lithium content.
- This patented lithium silicate treatment deeply penetrates and reacts with the concrete to produce insoluble calcium silicate hydrate within the concrete pores. Treated surfaces will resist damage from water, surface abrasion and eliminates dusting and simplifies maintenance.
- Excellent for grinding, sanding or any form of polishing or burnishings.
- Outstanding on an extremely porous, low quality floors or where you are looking for maximum hardness on a deteriorating slab.
C2 Super Hard is the premium hardener, densifier and sealer for concrete surfaces. This penetrating lithium silicate treatment reacts with the concrete to produce insoluble calcium silicate hydrate within the concrete pores. Treated surfaces resist damage from water and surface abrasion. The increased surface hardness reduces dusting and simplifies maintenance, producing a cleaner, healthier environment. Safer, faster and easier to apply than conventional sodium or potassium silicate hardeners, C2 Super Hard will not trigger or contribute to surface ASR (Alkali Silicate Reaction).
• Easy, one step application. No scrubbing. No flushing. No caustic wastewater.
• May be applied to broom finished, steel troweled, power troweled or burnished concrete finishes.
• Penetrates and reacts quickly to produce better initial and ultimate hardness.
• Tested and conforms to California Collaborative for High Performance School Indoor Air Quality standards. Use can contribute to LEED® for Schools points (EQ Credit 4).
• Provides better abrasion resistance than conventional hardeners.
• Produces a fast surface gloss which improves with traffic and maintenance.
• Improves performance, appearance and light reflectance of new or old concrete.
• Reduces application time and costs of diamond polishing operations.
• Will not contribute to surface crazing. High lithium content combats surface ASR.
• Lithium will not absorb water or contribute to floor sweating.
• Gloss and hardness do not reduce slip resistance.
• Breathable and UV stable. Will not yellow, discolor, peel or flake.
• Non-flammable. Non-toxic. Low odor.
• Cures quickly. Most floors can be opened to traffic within one hour of treatment.
• Treated surfaces are easy to maintain and require no waxing.
Protect people, vehicles, property, plants and all surfaces not designated to receive C2 Super Hard from the product, splash and wind drift.
Use polyethylene or other proven protective material. New Concrete: Though C2 Super Hard may be applied to freshly placed concrete after final finishing and installation of the control joints, C2 Hard may be a better choice.
Contact All Preparation Equipment for recommendations. When applying to new concrete, remove soft cut saw debris before application.
C2 Super Hard is ideal for application to existing, cured concrete of any age. Surfaces must be clean and structurally sound. Remove all foreign materials including bond breakers, curing agents, surface grease and oil, and construction debris using the appropriate Crete Colors surface prep cleaner.
Do not apply to surfaces which are frozen, dirty or have standing water. Surfaces must be clean, dry and absorbent. Test surface absorbency with a light water spray; surfaces designated for treatment should wet uniformly.
If the surface does not wet uniformly, use the appropriate Crete Colors surface preparation cleaner or mechanical process to remove remaining surface contaminants. Follow the appropriate cleaner with thorough water rinsing. If a d-limonene based cleaner/stripper is used, clean treated surfaces with C2 Degrease and rinse thoroughly.
Acid-stained concrete must be thoroughly neutralized and rinsed prior to application. Application may begin as soon as prepared surfaces are dry and free of ponded water.
Surface & Air Temperatures
Temperatures for application should be at least 4°C – 28°C (40°F – 100°F).
Apply with low pressure sprayer or microfiber pad. Fit sprayers with a 0.5 gpm (gallon per minute) “fan” spray tip.
Storage & Handling
Store in a cool, dry place. Always seal container after dispensing. Do not alter or mix with other chemicals. Published shelf life assumes upright storage of factory-sealed containers in a dry place.
Maintain temperatures of 4–38°C (40–100°F). If product freezes, allow to thaw and mix well. Do not double stack pallets. Dispose of in accordance with local regulations. Packaging 20L, 200L or 1000L containers
Read “Preparation” and the Safety Data Sheet before use. ALWAYS TEST a small area of each surface to confirm suitability, coverage rate and desired results before beginning overall application.
Test with the same equipment, recommended surface preparation and application procedures planned for general application. Let surface dry thoroughly before inspection.
Pre-testing will confirm suitability of surface preparation and application procedures proposed for general application, and will also determine the average coverage rates to be maintained over the entire project.
Dilution & Mixing
Do not dilute or alter. Use as supplied. Typical Coverage Rates Variations in concrete quality, porosity, job site conditions, temperature and relative humidity will affect coverage rates and drying times.
Calculate the target coverage rate by testing a representative section of the prepared surface using the published application instructions.
Estimated Coverage Rates
The following coverage rates are offered for estimating only.
See below for instructions on calculating project-specific target coverage rates.
Freshly Placed, Uncured,
Steel Troweled Concrete:
• 20– 25 m2 /L • 800–1000 ft2 / US gal Steel Troweled;
Ground/Honed; and Polished Concrete:
• 12 – 20 m2 /L
• 500–800 ft2 / US gal Calculating Project-
Specific Target Coverage Rate:
1. Prepare the test section in accordance with “Preparation” information above. Surfaces must be clean, dry and absorbent. Surfaces should wet uniformly. 2. Add 3.5L of C2 Super Hard to a clean, pump-up sprayer. Apply according to Application Instructions steps #1–3 for the appropriate floor type. Repeat as necessary to determine correct rate of application. 3. Measure the test area to establish the target coverage rate per gallon. Application Instructions NOTE: Allowing excess material to puddle on the floor will extend dry times and create white residues which must be removed immediately. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on removal.
Application Instructions NOTE: Allowing excess material to puddle on the floor will extend dry times and create white residues which must be removed immediately. Contact us at email@example.com for removal instructions. Freshly Placed, Uncured Steel-Troweled Concrete 1. After final finishing, soft cut control joints. Clean concrete of any dirt, residue or debris. 2. Using a low pressure sprayer, apply a single coat sufficient to wet the surface without producing puddles. Use a clean microfiber pad to spread product evenly and ensure uniform wetting. Avoid spreading once drying begins. Scrubbing is not necessary. If surfaces dry immediately, apply more product. Surface should remain wet for 5–10 minutes. Adjust rate of application to eliminate puddles. 3. Allow treated surfaces to dry. 4. Immediately apply the specified curing compound or initiate the specified curing procedure. 5. When curing is complete, use an automatic floor scrubber equipped with cleaning pads or brushes appropriate for removal of accumulated construction soiling and surface residues. Avoid pads or brushes which may damage the finished floor. This will further enhance the sheen produced by LS®.
Cured, Steel Troweled Concrete 1. Surface must be clean, dry and absorbent, and must wet uniformly. Test surface absorbency with a light water spray. To slow dry times in hot, dry weather conditions, lightly pre-wet the concrete with fresh water and allow any standing water to evaporate. 2. Using a low pressure sprayer, apply a single coat sufficient to wet the surface without producing puddles. Use a clean microfiber pad to spread product evenly and ensure uniform wetting. Avoid spreading once drying begins. Scrubbing is not necessary. If surfaces dry immediately, apply more product. Surface should remain wet for 5–10 minutes. Adjust rate of application to eliminate puddles. 3. Allow treated surfaces to dry. 4. Remove dried powder residue using stiff broom, power sweeper or floor scrubbing machine. 5. For immediate, enhanced shine, buff or burnish the dry concrete surface in both directions using an orbital floor machine or burnisher equipped with an appropriate polishing pad. This is a dry buffing operation.
Cured, Ground/Honed Concrete 1. Sand, level or grind the surface with a floor sander, orbital floor machine or diamond grinder, as needed, to achieve desired exposure. Remove all dust and debris with a floor scrubbing machine and fresh water. Allow wet surfaces to dry. Surfaces must be clean and dry. 2. Using a low-pressure sprayer, apply a single coat sufficient to wet the surface without producing puddles. Use a clean microfiber pad to spread product evenly and ensure uniform wetting. Avoid spreading once drying begins. Scrubbing is not necessary. If surfaces dry immediately, apply more product. Surface should remain wet for 5–10 minutes. Adjust rate of application to eliminate puddles. 3. Allow treated surfaces to dry 4. Remove any dried powder residue using stiff broom, power sweeper or floor scrubbing machine. 5. If additional surface sheen is desired, buff or burnish the surface in both directions with an orbital floor machine or burnisher equipped with an appropriate polishing pad. This is a dry buffing operation.
Cured and Polished Concrete Follow steps 1–4 listed above for Ground/Honed Concrete. Using progressively finer abrasives, continue diamond polishing in consecutive steps to achieve the desired finish. Remove all polishing dust and debris. Protective Treatment To achieve additional shine and protection, apply C2 Seal or C2 Ultra Seal. For improved resistance to water or oily stains with no change to surface appearance, apply C2 Stain Safe or C2 Protector. Contact us directly for assistance with proper product recommendation. Always obtain the Product Data for full limitations, application and safety instructions before applying any Crete Colors product. Cleanup Before product dries, clean tools and equipment with fresh water. Immediately wash off over spray from glass, aluminum, polished or other surfaces with fresh water. Final Results The floor is ready to use when dry. Surfaces exhibit reduced water absorption upon drying and maximum water resistance will develop over 7 days. Surface hardness and sheen often increase over time and with proper maintenance. Maintenance Remove surface dust and debris daily using a microfiber pad or dry dust mop. Dry buff with a highspeed burnisher to refresh gloss. Regular maintenance cleaning will improve surface shine. Maintain the floor with C2 Clean and C2
Maintenance. Do not use acidic cleaners. Though C2 Super Hard will improve the resistance of concrete surfaces to staining, acid concentrates and acidic foods may etch the floor and leave a residual stain. Clean up spills quickly to minimize any potential for damage. Though protective treatments simplify maintenance of concrete floors, all spills must be cleaned up in a timely manner.
C2 Super Hard 20L
|Dimensions||40 x 40 x 40 cm|
Technical Data Sheet
Densifier Technical Data Sheet