C2 UltraSeal – 20 Litre
C2 UltraSeal – 20L
- Durable, chemical resistant, protective coating for exterior and interior concrete floors.
- Ideal for specialty areas that may have exposure to accidental spills of food products, household cleaners and industrial solutions.
- Treated surfaces may be burnished to produce a high-gloss finish.
C2 Ultra Seal is a durable, protective coating that dramatically increases the stain resistance of interior and exterior concrete floors. This non-yellowing formulation enhances the appearance of standard gray, integrally colored, dyed, stained or color-hardened concrete floors. If preferred, treated surfaces may be burnished to produce a high-gloss finish. C2 Ultra Seal is ideal for floors that are prone to accidental spills of food products, household cleaners and industrial solutions.
• Produces a long-lasting, tough protective shine on any interior or exterior concrete flatwork.
• Perfect for surfaces hardened and dust proofed with C2 Hard, C2 Super Hard or C2 Hard Blend.
• Helps prevent problems related to water penetration of concrete.
• Adds depth and luster to colored concrete, including surfaces decorated with C2 Color Hard or C2 Tint.
• Keeps soiling and contaminants from penetrating. Simplifies maintenance cleaning.
• Treated surfaces maintain slip resistance.
• Low odor. Easy to apply. Fast drying.
• UV stable. Will not yellow, discolor, peel or flake.
• Non-flammable. Non-toxic. Water-based Limitations
• Not for use around pools or fountains.
• Will not compensate for structural defects. Surfaces must be clean and in good repair before application.
Protect people, vehicles, property, plants and all surfaces not set to receive C2 Ultra Seal from product, splash and wind drift. Use polyethylene or other proven protective material. C2 Ultra Seal may be applied to existing, cured concrete of any age.
Surfaces must be clean and structurally sound. Remove all foreign materials including bond breakers, curing agents, surface grease and oil, and construction debris using the appropriate Crete Colors surface prep cleaner.
Follow the appropriate cleaner with thorough water rinsing. If a d-limonene based cleaner/ stripper is used, clean treated surfaces with C2 Degrease and rinse thoroughly. Acid-stained concrete must be thoroughly neutralized and rinsed prior to application.
Application may begin as soon as prepared surfaces are dry. Surface & Air Temperatures Temperatures for application should be 4–38° C (40– 100°F). Equipment Apply with low-pressure sprayer fitted with a solid cone spray tip.
Do not atomize Storage & Handling Keep from freezing. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not alter or mix with other chemicals. Always seal container after dispensing. Published shelf life assumes upright storage of factory-sealed containers in a dry place. Maintain temperatures of 4°C–38° C (40°F–100° F).
Do not double stack pallets. Dispose of unused product and container in accordance with local regulations.
Packaging 20L or 200L Containers
Read “Preparation” and the Safety Data Sheet before use. ALWAYS TEST a small area of each surface to confirm suitability, coverage rate and desired results before beginning overall application. Test with the same equipment, recommended surface preparation and application procedures planned for general application. Let surface dry thoroughly before inspection. Pre-testing will confirm suitability of surface preparation and application procedures proposed for general application, and will also determine the average coverage rates to be maintained over the entire project.
Dilution & Mixing
Do not dilute or alter. Apply as packaged. Stir or mix well before use
Typical Coverage Rates
Variations in concrete quality, porosity, job site conditions, temperature and relative humidity will affect coverage rates and drying times.
The following figures are for estimating only:
Exterior Surfaces • 5– 15 m2 /L • 200–600 ft2 / US gal
Interior Surfaces • 10– 20 m2 /L • 400–800 ft2 / US gal
Application Instructions Interior surfaces:
C2 Ultra Seal may be applied to broomed, steel troweled, honed, polished or highly polished interior concrete surfaces. For best results, treat floors with C2 Super Hard, C2 Hard or C2 Hard Blend before application.
1. Lightly wet a clean microfiber pad with C2 Ultra Seal, leaving the pad damp.
2. Spray-apply using a clean, pump-up sprayer fitted with a 0.5 gpm conical or fan spray tip. Work from one control joint to another.
3. Spread with the damp microfiber pad. Maintain a thin, even coating and wet edge. Stop spreading once drying begins. Do not overlap. Use two people – one spraying and one spreading – for best results.
4. Allow to dry tack free, typically 20–60 minutes.
5. Repeat steps 1–4. Two thin coats are recommended for maximum protection and shine. For increased gloss, wait at least 60 minutes after the final coat is applied, then use a high-speed burnisher fitted with a white polishing pad. Burnish at a fast walking pace. This is an optional step.
C2 Ultra Seal may be applied to broomed, stamped or steel-troweled concrete. Cover surfaces uniformly, creating a continuous film.
1. Use a clean pump-up sprayer or other approved spray equipment to apply product in a continuous, circular motion. Work from one control joint to another. Maintain a wet edge. Avoid overlaps onto previously treated and dried surfaces. Use a soft bristle broom to move excess material from low spots.
2. Allow to dry tack free, typically 20–60 minutes.
3. Repeat steps 1–2 above as needed. Two coats provide maximum protection and shine.
Under typical conditions, the surface is ready for light traffic within 4 hours of final application.
Protect from water exposure for at least 4 hours. At 72°F (22°C), 40%
Relative Humidity, typical product dry times are:
Dryness Time To touch 30–60 minutes
Light foot traffic 4 hours
Normal traffic overnight
Maximum protection 7 days
Before product dries, clean tools and equipment with fresh water. Immediately wash off over spray from glass, aluminum, polished or other surfaces with fresh water.
Interior surfaces: Sweep the floor daily with a microfiber pad or dry dust mop. When needed, dry buff with a high-speed burnisher and a white pad to refresh the gloss.
C2 Ultra Seal improves the resistance of concrete floors to staining. However, acidic substances, including foods, may etch and stain. Clean ALL spills as quickly as possible.
Use C2 Maintenance or C2 Clean for maintenance cleaning. C2 Maintenance contains lithium-silicate for improving surface density and preserving the surface sheen of Crete Colors floors. Do not use other cleaners, including off-the-shelf and common household cleaners, which may contain acidic or alkaline ingredients that can dull the finish of Crete Colors floors.
To restore maximum shine to high traffic areas, repeat Application Instructions steps 1–5 in affected areas.
Only apply C2 Ultra Seal to clean, dry and absorbent concrete. Surfaces to be treated should wet uniformly. Confirm absorbency with a light water spray.
Thoroughly neutralize and rinse acid-stained concrete before applying C2 Ultra Seal. For best results, harden and dust proof concrete with C2 Super Hard, C2 Hard or C2 Hard Blend before applying C2 Ultra Seal.
In hot, dry weather conditions, lightly pre-wet the concrete with a clean water mist to cool. Apply C2 Ultra Seal once the concrete surface is dry. To minimize scuffing on honed or polished concrete, apply two thin coats rather than a single heavy coat.
To increase gloss, wait at least 60 minutes after the final coat of C2 Ultra Seal is applied, then burnish with a high-speed burnisher using a white polishing pad. Burnish at a fast walking pace. This is an optional step.
Use C2 Clean as part of a comprehensive maintenance program that includes deep cleaning with C2 Maintenance. Conventional floor cleaners may dull high-gloss finishes. C2 Cleaners contain no harsh acids, alkalines, solvents or abrasives.
C2 UltraSeal – 20L
|Dimensions||45 x 45 x 45 cm|
Technical Data Sheet
FORM Milky, white liquid
SPECIFIC GRAVITY 1.01 pH 8.4 WT/GAL 8.5 lbs
ACTIVE CONTENT 15% TOTAL SOLIDS 15% VOC CONTENT 100 g/L maximum
FLASH POINT >93°C (200°F)
FREEZE POINT 0° C (32° F)
SHELF LIFE 2 years in tightly sealed, unopened container