Mohs Hardness Test Kit Industrial
Mohs Hardness Test Kit
The perfect hardness tester for floors - to help choose the right diamond grinding tool for your application!
Mohs' hardness is a measure of the relative hardness and resistance to scratching between minerals
Using the Mohs Hardness Tester Kit to determine the hardness or the scratchability of your concrete is useful for identify the best diamonds to use on the job. Once you have determined the harness of the concrete you can make informed decisions about which diamonds to use without taking the risk they will wear out too fast or glaze over.
Taking the time to test your slab before grinding will allow you to get a longer grinding life out of your diamonds, saving you thousands of dollars in lost diamonds or unproductive work.
How hard or soft is the floor that is to be grinded and which tool should you start with without
- Four double-ended picks, color-coded, with eight points comprising 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 on Mohs? hardness scale, as shown above.
- Two Hardness Plates (of Mohs' hardness of 3.5 and 5.5)
- A 100 grit Grinding Stone to keep the points sharp.
- Rugged and compact molded Plastic Case.
- Hardness Table for 80 common Materials.
- Complete Instructions, customized for Industrial applications.
- One year Warranty, and 30 day Money Back Guarantee
Scratch test - Pick the right tools
With a simple scratch test you can determine the hardness of the floor or the concrete in relation to the ?Mohs scale?. Start with the lower numbers of the tools and work you way up the scale until you scratch the floor.
- Simplifies tool selection
- Avoids vigorous tool wear
- Aviods that the tools will ?glaze?
- Provides a more effective grinding
- Gives a better economy