EDCO CPM8 Electric Single Phase Scarifier
EDCO line of scarifiers are designed to remove product from both concrete & asphalt as well as rapid removal of concrete or asphalt surfaces leaving behind a clean, textured but roughened finish. EDCO scarifiers are equipped with rotating drums filled with carbide tipped cutting discs (flails) that flail away at concrete and asphalt surfaces.
The CPM8 has a six shaft 8 inch drum and can remove 1/8th inch concrete per pass when using a standard drum & flail. The CPM8 uses carbide or steel cutters to remove concrete surfaces. The cutters ride on shafts (rods) within the drum and dig into the concrete.
EDCO scarifiers are also popular for asphalt jobs but it is important to remember EDCO rates cutter life and removal depth based on concrete. The make-up of asphalt will wear away cutters more rapidly than that of concrete. Make sure to supply CPM8 cutters accordingly.
Use on sidewalk trip hazard repair , removal of coatings, removal of traffic line markings and creating a key or texture prior to applying a coating, paint or self leveller
- Sidewalk trip hazard repair
- Concrete and coatings removal
- Floor cleaning and/or preparations
- Creating non-slip surfaces
- Traffic line and markings removal
- 8? working width will scarify approximately 350-500 sq. ft. per hour at Depth Per Pass of 1/8?
- Variable depth - gives greater control for surface removal
- Removes traffic lines at 800-1,000 lineal ft. per hour
- Wide range of cutters to clean , texture, level or remove concrete, asphalt, coatings , glues or mastic
- Power source over drum to eliminate vibration and maximize surface contact
- Compact & portable design - can be easily transport from one site to another
- Front-mounted lifting handle makes loading and unloading easy
- Vacuum port equipped - Work completely dust free by connect the dust port to an effective vacuum or dust extraction system
- Optional water misting system
- Optional edger attachment allows the CPM-8 to get within 1 3/4? of any vertical surface
- Addition grooving and trenching head available
- Rental Tough - largely used in the hire industry because of reliability
Horse Power**: 5HP, 230 Volt
Weight: 220lbs / 100kg
Belts: Standard V Belt
* RPM's are based on the machine's accessory speed.
** As rated by the engine manufacturer. The power rating of the engine indicated on this site is the net power output tested on a production engine for the engine model and measured in accordance with SAE j1349 at 3600 rpm. Mass production engines may vary from this value. Actual power output for the engine installed in the final machine will vary depending on numerous factors, including the operating speed of the engine in application, environmental conditions, maintenance, and other variables.