Mapei Ultraplan 20kg
Mapei Ultraplan 20kg
Mapei Ultraplan a popular ultra-fast drying self-levelling compound.
Ultraplan self levelling floor compound by Mapei is used in interiors for levelling and smoothing differences in subfloors from 1-10mm on new or existing substrates, preparing them to receive all kinds of floor coverings where a high resistance to loads and traffic is required.
WHERE TO USE Ultraplan is used in interiors for levelling and smoothing differences in thicknesses from 1 to 10 mm on new or existing substrates, preparing them to receive all kinds of flooring where a high resistance to loads and traffic is required. Ultraplan is especially suitable for areas subject to wheeled chairs. Ultraplan is for interior use only.
We love helping you grind faster, remove glues, adhesives, coatings or membranes so let’s talk about your project further.
Call our team today, 1800 422 992 or stop by one of our stores.
Ultraplan is a pinkish-grey powder consisting of special cements with rapid setting and hydration, with selected graded silica sand, resins and special admixtures prepared according to a formula developed in the MAPEI Research laboratories.
Mixed with water, Ultraplan becomes a fluid and easily workable mortar, perfectly self-levelling, with high bonding strength to the substrate and ultra-fast drying.
Ultraplan can be applied with an automatic pressure pump for distances over 100 m. Ultraplan can be spread in thicknesses up to 10 mm per coat without shrinkage, cracking or crazing, and develops very high compressive and flexural strength as well as resistance to indentation and abrasion.
For thicknesses greater than 10 mm (max. 20 mm), it is recommended to add approx. 30% of graded sand 0/4 mm or gravel 0/8 mm. Installation of flooring can begin approx. 12 hours after the application of Ultraplan, regardless of thickness
- Do not add more water to a mix which has already begun to set.
- Do not add lime, cement or gypsum to the mix.
- Do not use Ultraplan for exterior levelling works.
- Do not use Ultraplan on substrates subject to continuous rising damp.
- Do not apply an additional coat of Ultraplan when the previous one is completely dry; in this case first apply Primer G diluted with 1:3 of water by volume.
- Do not use Ultraplan on metal surfaces.
- Do not use Ultraplan when the temperature is below +5°C. Do not apply Ultraplan in thicknesses less than 3 mm if wood is to be overlaid.